June 29, 2015

The Motherload Tote by Cozy Nest Designs






It is time to show you a great bag pattern that I tested for Sarah of Cozy Nest Designs.  It has been released today and the name of it is The Motherload Tote.



This bag can carry it all.  It measures 21" wide, 13" high and 5.5" deep.  Wait until you see the inside.




It is divided into two sections.  You can keep gym shoes or wet bathing suit on one side and everything else in the other.  There is a zipper pocket divider and a water bottle sleeve separating the two sides.  There is a zipper pocket on the back of the bag.




The bag is closed by an inset zipper.  I used a double zipper here because the bag is very large.





There are so many options for this bag.  There are optional extended straps that allow you to carry a blanket, yoga mat, or towel below the bag.  This strapping feeds up through d rings when not in use.  There is also an optional luggage strap to attach this bag to your pull luggage.  You can add a d ring to the strap to hang sunglasses, keys or gym or swim pass.  What a great and fun bag!

I kept my bag fairly simple.  I used outdoor fabric for durability and ease of cleaning.  I also used Pellon flex foam to give me a sturdy bag that will stand up on its own.

Go to the Cozy Nest blog page to see all of the other testers' bags and to see some of the optional items that I did not add.  You can find that here.

The Motherload Tote is a pattern designed for intermediate sewists.  You can purchase it from Craftsy here.
Thanks Sarah for another great pattern!


10 comments:

  1. Great looking bag Marilyn. Is that little zipper in the center like a coin purse size? Hard to tell from the top view, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daryl, the pocket is about 6 " deep. Since I made mine, the pattern has changed a little. This pocket is now pleated so when you are carrying a water bottle, it does not interfere with the size of that pocket so it can hold more. It is a great bag.

      Delete
  2. Love the color pallet you used for your tote. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Synthia. Loved the bag that you made, too.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic design and as usual beautifully made. I particularly like the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. Good to hear from you. Missed you.

      Delete
  4. Marilyn, I love the fabrics you chose for your version of the Motherload! It is very classy and cosmopolitan looking. I was sorry to skip this test because of the schedule.for my cataract surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, I love the fabrics you chose for your version of the Motherload! It is very classy and cosmopolitan looking. I was sorry to skip this test because of the schedule.for my cataract surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, I love the fabrics you chose for your version of the Motherload! It is very classy and cosmopolitan looking. I was sorry to skip this test because of the schedule.for my cataract surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete