April 21, 2016

Bag of the Month Club - February's Window Shopper's Tote by Sewing With Mrs H



Well, I decided to post about my April Bag of the Month but realized I hadn't posted about February yet. (I still haven't made March ). So let me show you Miss February.  It is the Window Shopper's Tote by Samantha at Sewing Patterns by Mrs H. You have to belong to the Bag of the Month Club to receive this pattern now.  It is not too late to join.  You will receive the first four patterns that have been released and May and June patterns as they are released on the first of that month.  Beginning July 1, the designers can release the individual patterns for sale on their own sites.  I'll tell you how to get more info at the bottom of the post.




This is one large bag.  It measures 15" W x 16" H x 2 1/2" D. The fabric should look familiar.  It is a second colorway of the Kinetic Triangles by Windham Fabrics.  I used this same fabric in a different color in my post yesterday. I combined it with a turquoise faux leather.  The front of the bag has a large slip pocket.  The directions called for the pocket to be pleated at the bottom, but I liked the look of a flat pocket instead.

The back of the bag looks almost identical, except the slip pocket is the width of the entire bag.  I added piping to the top of the pockets to give them more definition.  As you can see, there are handles, but what you can't see is that there is a removeable, adjustable crossbody strap, too.

 On the inside, there is a zipper closure below the handles to keep everything in. There are two slip pockets and a zippered pocket on one side of the lining and two larger slip pockets on the other side.  The lining fabric is also from Windham Fabrics that I have in several colors called Swirl by Whistler. This one is navy and turquoise and the picture doesn't do it justice.


The pattern was great and easy to follow.  You can find out more about the Bag of the Month Club here.




5 comments:

  1. Great Bag! The best February Bag I've seen. Shhh Don't tell others. LOL. Gorgeous! I'm so behind, I have not done any club bag yet. So many patterns, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma. I agree with the number of patterns. I'm doing a second April bag before I do March. I will get to it eventually.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE those oval handles on the turquoise faux leather - what a cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I love these colors together and this bag being so large was a great place to showcase them.

      Delete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. online non woven bags order

    ReplyDelete