July 10, 2016

Gabby , April Bag of the Month Club, by Emmaline Bags

I know I have posted the Bag of the Month Club bags out of order, but I have a good reason this time.  I wanted to complete two April bags before I finished this post.  This is Gabby, the April Bag, and I love this pattern from Janelle at Emmaline Bags.  Because I waited so long to post this bag, the January - June Bag of the Month Club is over and this pattern is now available to everyone.  You can get it here.

The first Gabby I made was from casual fabric.  I fell in love with this Serengheti fabric and I matched it with this caramel colored faux leather.  The front of the bag features a  bit of "handmade" bling from Emmaline Bags.


The back of the bag features a zippered pocket and the top of the bag has a zippered closure.


The other Gabby I made is a little dressier and I made it from a great cotton fabric that I found at JoAnn's paired with a black faux leather.



Isn't the side of the bag cute? 


Inside the Gabby are more pockets.  There is a zippered pocket and a slip pocket divided into two compartments.



The bag is the perfect size.  It measures 12" W x 9" H x 3" D. This pattern is so clear, concise and easy to follow. I see many more of these in my life.

6 comments:

  1. Nice Marilyn! I am glad you showed how the side of the bag looks too because it is a bit unusual and I wouldn't have known the side looked that way from looking at the front of the bag. I like those giraffe's, but I am more partial to blue in the 2nd bag. Both are lovely with the faux leather. Have you joined in on the next BOM that goes through Dec?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daryl. This really is a unique bag. I have joined the new BOMC but I still have 2 to finish in the first half. I better get busy, I have more testing coming up.

      Delete
  2. Love your serengheti fabric on this gabi. Looks fairly neutral from far away but as you get closer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I fell in love with this fabric. Actually, I still love any safari type fabric.

      Delete
  3. I love this bag design and have made 3. Yours are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too, Norma, thanks. I'm sure I will be making more.

      Delete