September 12, 2015

The Layla Bag by Cozy Nest Designs






Wait until you see this one!  I was asked to test this new bag by Sarah at Cozy Nest Designs.  I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.  It is Layla. The pattern was released today.



Isn't this a beautiful design?  The thing is, it looks great in all fabrics.  If you don't believe me, you can check out Sarah's bags and all of the testers' bags here,



Layla has such a sleek and curvy shape.


It has a zippered closure. (Sorry this is such a bad picture).  Another great thing about this bag is that the depth starts out narrower at the top and gradually gets larger.  This gives you plenty of room to carry more than you think.



I used green polka dots for the lining to go with the red, black and green camillias on the outside. There is a zippered pocket on the inside.  I haven't even mentioned those fabulous handles yet.





Layla has these gorgeous oval handles and a removable shoulder strap. Sarah has made it easy for you to get these handles by teaming up with Janelle at Emmalline Bags.  You can get the handles here.  The silver handles do not have to be used...there is an alternate way of finishing the bag without them.

Layla is 14.5" wide, 6.75" high and 3.5" deep.  It is a great bag to showcase some fun fabric.  It only takes 1/2 yd of exterior fabric and 5/8 - 3/4 yds of lining/contrast.  The pattern calls for interfacing and foam stabilizer.  I used Pellon SF 101 and Pellon Flex Foam.

What are you waiting for?  Go get the pattern here.

18 comments:

  1. I love this bag !! I really need to find some poppy fabric....beautiful !!!l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. Right back at you for your Layla bags.

      Delete
  2. What a stunning bag, especially in that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Candy. You might have to make this one.

      Delete
  3. Great post and bag, Marilyn - you know I was going to order that fabric and on sale? Well, somehow I didn't and now I'm sad - because you know I have hardly any fabric ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah, but a bag can't look good without a great design. You outdid yourself on this one. It is a beauty. Your sales will go through the roof on this one.

      Delete
  4. Wow Layla is quite a sexy looking bag. You said those were camellias? They looked like poppies to me. Must be in the same flower family. Whatever they are the fabric is sure gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daryl. I thought they were poppies too. That is why I bought it. The fabric says otherwise but close enough for me.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I really like the shape of this bag.

      Delete
  6. You're right it does look lovely in all fabrics but yours is really beautiful. Love those poppys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria. This is one great pattern. It is so unique.

      Delete
  7. Wow! that is a beautiful bag! Wouldn't that be a perfect accent to the little black dress I want to wear to an upcoming wedding??

    ReplyDelete
  8. super sexy bag - perfect for dinner at posh restaurant!
    your choice of fabric made it even more feminine and classic too.
    and of course, your workmanship is superb as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete