April 8, 2015

More Bucket Bags Find Homes






I recently had an order for 3 Bucket Bags to be made in suede/ faux leather.  Since I don't duplicate bags unless the customer agrees that it is OK, here is what I came up with.  If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I usually choose bold fabrics (shades of BOLD is the name of my blog after all).  You probably also know that sometimes customers tame that bold side of me.  This customer wanted two of the bags in black!  OK.................



Here is bag #1.  I chose a shinier textured faux leather in black for this bag.  Although the cording looks white, it is actually gray.  The boldness had to pop out in the lining though.  



I used one of my favorites for lining in black, gray and red.

Bag #2 is a combination of a heavyweight black upholstery microsuede and a black faux ostrich.



I love this black ostrich faux leather and am planning a whole bag in it soon.  Again, the lining had to pop so I used this geometric black and white print.


Bag # 3 was made with the same orange heavyweight suede that I used on another bucket bag but I combined it with a brown woven faux leather to change it up a little.  Thanks to Rochelle at Esheep Designs for the idea of adding a different fabric for the bottom of the bag.  I love that look.  She made a Bucket Bag after she saw the first ones I did on my blog.  She made several changes to hers that were great.  You can read about her bag here.


I used the same houndstooth orange and white fabric I used the last time as the lining.


Just as a reminder this is a free tutorial from Sew 4 Home and I love it.  It is quick and easy to make and the strap is adjustable because of the snaps on the straps.  The strap is attached to the bag with snaps, too.



The bottom of the bag has bag feet to top it off.

You can find the tutorial here.



15 comments:

  1. Designer bags at their finest, Marilyn. I'm really starting to like orange now; at one time I thought that the colour was only good for oranges...! Thanks for the mention :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rochelle. When I use some else's ideas, I gladly give them credit. That was a good one. I love the look of the suede and faux leather together.

      Delete
  2. Great Bags! All major designers have bucket bags this season. Yours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma. They are really fun to make. Customers seem to like them. I have sold five of them this past week and don't even have them listed anywhere!.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Great bags Marilyn. I like the different bottom fabrics to compliment the top fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Daryl. I like the bags done with different fabric for the bottom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool bags, both elegant and practical. Love the faux leathers and how you personalized each one. Need to download and try this pattern. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judith. I think you will love this one.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous bags. They look so professionally made. The orange one is my favourite. Thanks for the link. I'll have to make some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete