April 20, 2015

The Happy! Bag by Imazzpatterns






I was contacted by Rahimah Othman of Imazzpatterns to test a bag that she had recently released called The Happy! Bag.  The name comes from the pocket that appears to be smiling on the front of the bag.
I had tested for Rahimah before, in February of this year when I made the 1,2,3 Fabric Book Cover with Handles.  You can see my blog on that project here.

I made her Paris clutch in March of this year and you can see that review on my blog here.  I love Imazzpatterns because they are great looking but ready for the confident beginner.  Her bags go together well and her directions are clear.  The pattern is loaded with pictures and some drawings that take you step by step through the sewing process.  And look at my new Happy! Bag.



This bag is perfect for heavier fabrics like denim, duck cotton, or home dec.  I used a heavyweight brown fabric for the bag body and a metallic striped upholstery fabric for the pocket.  In my haste to get this posted, I neglected to take a picture of the back of the bag but it is all brown.  The straps are striped fabric on top and brown fabric underneath.  The smiling pocket on the front of the bag is huge and deep, so it is a great place to keep your keys or phone handy.  



The inside of the bag is open with your choice to add one or two slip pockets.  I used a brown cotton fabric with gold metallic print to play off of the striped fabric from the front pocket.  The top of the bag is closed with a magnetic snap which is what I used here but if you are a more seasoned sewer, you can easily add a recessed zipper at the top.

The Happy! Bag measures 15" high and 14" wide at its widest point.  Thanks, Imazzpatterns for a great casual bag pattern.  I will definitely make more of these.  You can visit her Etsy page and get the pattern here.

12 comments:

  1. i love love love your bag, Marilyn.
    the bag looks so pretty in striped fabric, i like the idea!
    and thanks for your review too. I'm glad that you like the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the opportunity to test this pattern. I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Norma. It was fun to make. Quick, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool bag. Love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judith. I've had this fabric for awhile and thought this was a great bag to combine it with.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Judith. I've had this fabric for awhile and thought this was a great bag to combine it with.

      Delete
  4. Elegant choice of fabric - it looks wonderful. I wonder whether an absolutely novice sewer can do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great beginner bag. This is one thing I like about Imazzpatterns. The patterns are great for beginners and the bags look great, too.

      Delete
    2. This is a great beginner bag. This is one thing I like about Imazzpatterns. The patterns are great for beginners and the bags look great, too.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete